Login Free Subscription!
  

Wintershall Noordzee Starts First Oil Production in Danish North Sea


Ravn PlatformWintershall Noordzee BV has commenced production from its first own-operated Danish oil field. The Ravn field (Block 5/06) produces oil from a depth of approximately 4,000m via a newly constructed production platform in the Danish North Sea, some 300km north of the Dutch town of Den Helder. The produced crude oil is transported via a subsea pipeline to Wintershall Noordzee’s A6-A processing platform located around 18km from the Ravn platform, where it is fed into the existing export network to the Netherlands.

Wintershall Noordzee is developing the Ravn field in a phased manner using an ‘Appraisal through Development’ concept. This concept will enable the company to continuously gather valuable performance data on well productivity and the lateral extent of the reservoir. Analysis of this data will provide the basis for and contribute to further field development options.

Wintershall has been active in the North Sea for more than 50 years. Wintershall Noordzee owns a 63.64% share in the Ravn field. The Danish state-owned oil and gas company Nordsøfonden holds the remaining 36.36% as licensing partner. Wintershall Noordzee B.V., which is based in the Netherlands is a joint-venture between Wintershall Holding (50%) and Gazprom International (50%). One of the largest producers of natural gas in the Netherlands, Wintershall Noordzee operates 25 platforms and 7 subsea production systems in the Dutch, English, German and Danish sectors of the North Sea.

LinkedInPinterestGoogle+FacebookTwitterEmail

More related articles: