Official Debut Motor Yacht Vertige
In September, Boutique shipyard, Tankoa Yachts held the official debut of motor yacht Vertige at the Monaco Boat Show, two years after she was sold to her French owners. Following her sale and delivery, 50m-long Vertige, designed by Francesco Paszkowski, has enjoyed an intense charter season in the Mediterranean.
The Tankoa S501 Vertige represents the quintessential union between a shipbuilder and a sales and marketing organisation in daily contact with the owner, captain and consultant.
Tankoa’s management has worked in very close contact with Francesco Paszkowski in project design with the following objectives:
- Obtain a timeless perfectly balanced design that does not worry about current market trends. Offer an ideal layout allowing owners and guests to circulate throughout the yacht without meeting any crew members, while at the same time allowing the crew to freely move around while carrying out their duties.
- Give the owner of a 499t ton yacht the kind of comfort and equipment more commonly found on much larger yachts.
The S501’s hull number one features six cabins, including an owner’s cabin and master suite on the main deck, two VIP and two guest cabins on the lower deck, a gym, home cinema, garage for the 7m tender, two jet skis with a second service tender forward, plus further features like full height glass widows and a hydraulic terrace in the owner’s cabin and the open air salon aft – all combining to increase her already ample dimensions. The Tankoa Vertige S501 is entirely built of light alloy Aluminum 5083, decreasing weight and therefore fuel consumption, while guaranteeing ease of maintenance.
Tankoa Yachts is very enthusiastic with the results obtained during the first sea trails of the new yacht. Based on the specifics of the contract, top speed was to be 16kn at half-load. The sea trial performance results for the Vertige were supposed to have been carried out with a calm sea and in 5kn of wind. The actual trails took place instead in a short 70cm chop and a strong northerly of 25 to 30kn. The first trails also evidenced the noteworthy maneuverability of the Vertige as she undertook the tests required by international norms: the yacht demonstrated incredible stability even when the stabilisers were dis-activated.
- Builder: Tankoa Shipyard
- Naval Architecture: Tankoa Yachts
- Concept+ exterior designer: Francesco Paszkowski Design
- Interior Design: Francesco Paszkowski/Margherita Casprini
- Length overall: 49.90m
- Beam (max): 9.40m
- Draught, full loaded: 2.20m
- Displacement lightship: 301t
- Displacement at half load: 352t
- Displacement at full load: 392t
- Diesel capacity: 65m3
- Fresh water capacity: 16.6m3
- Propulsion: 2 x 746kW @ 1,600rpm
- Maximum speed at half load: 16.0Kn
- Cruise speed at half load: 14.0Kn
- Long range speed: 12.0Kn
- Electric Power: diesel gen-set 2 x 125kW
- Range at 12.0kn: up to 5,000nm