Maritime Awards 2018: The nominees
At the Maritime Awards 2018 Gala, the most innovative and prestigious accomplishments in the maritime industry are celebrated. This year, the most prestigious Dutch maritime awards will be presented for the 21st time.
The winners will be announced during the Maritime Awards Gala, which takes place on 12 November in Amsterdam. This years nominees are..
Nominees for the Dutch Maritime Designer Award 2018
The Maritime Designer Award is aimed at individual designers, PhD students, recent graduates and startups, who want to make their work and their approach known. Out of the many great submissions the jury nominated the following three designers:
- Erik Snijders (SeaOwls) with the design of the wind turbine installation vessel SOUL
- Gijsbert van Marrewijk (Berthan Research) with a study on the application of T-foils under fast ships
- Roy de Winter (C-Job Naval Architects & Engineers) with a method to accelerate the ship design process.
Nominees for the Maritime Innovation Award 2018
The maritime sector seems to have maintained its large interest in Maritime Innovation, as shown by the 26 submissions to the award this year, and the jury’s job was to narrow it down to the three nominees, which are:
- Mampaey Offshore Industries with their Intelligent Dock Locking System
- Veth propulsion with their Veth Integrated L-drive
- Fleet Cleaner with their Fleet Cleaner.
Nominees for the Martime Award KNVTS Ship of the Year 2018:
From seven entries, the jury of the Maritime Award: KNVTS Ship of the Year 2018 has selected its three nominees:
- Reversed Sterndrive Drive (RSD) Tug 2513 Twin Fin “Innovation”; designed and partially built by Damen Shipyards Gorinchem at Gorinchem, the Netherlands.
- Trailing Suction Hopper Dredger “Scheldt River”; designed and built by Royal IHC at Krimpen aan den IJssel, the Netherlands.
- Patrol vessel “RPA 8”; designed and built by Shipyard Gebr. Kooiman BV at Zwijndrecht, the Netherlands.
Nominees for the Maritime KVNR Shipping Award 2018
After careful consideration the KVNR jury selected the 3 nominees for this year’s award:
- Nederlands Loodswezen BV with their Sustainable Deployment Policy
- Multraship and Novatug with their Carrousel Rave Tug
- Wildcat Workboats with their Windcat MK3.5