Engine Start Up OOS Serooskerke
On 27 November 2018, the engines of OOS Serooskerke were started. The OOS Serooskerke is being built in China Merchants Heavy Industries (Jiangsu). The vessel building contract is effective since 5 August 2016. After ten months of engineering, the steel was cut on 28 June 2017.
The engine start up would not have been possible without the hard work of the engineering team, STX-MAN and the conscious efforts of the production and commissioning team. Many hours were put into minimising the effect on the environment, to optimise support utilities and electrical systems. The team worked endless nights together, with great spirit and teamwork, to make the engine start up possible. A lot of appreciation to the team and their big achievement. We wish them continuous success for the future milestones.
- The piping system had to be thoroughly flushed and cleaned.
- The electrical systems had to be thoroughly checked to ensure the cables are terminated correctly and safely.
- The ventilation had to be cleaned, tested and running.
- The paintwork of the compartment was done up.
- STX had to spend numerous hours on site, to perform the final checks and preparations, to start the engines.
- The OOS Serooskerke is equipped with a SCR system to ensure the emission meets the Tier 3 requirements, which required further checks and verification.