How IFS Delivers Project-Centric ERP for EPC Contractors
IFS provides the offshore industry an integrated business solution proven globally to deal with the challenging project and asset management requirements of engineer, procure, construct (EPC) contractors.
Too many EPC contractors try to run their complex business on enterprise resource planning (ERP) software that lacks the enterprise project management and asset management capabilities required. This means that essential work is often performed in standalone spreadsheets and other gray IT, which prevents full visibility and control while creating project risk. IFS got its start in complex, asset- and project-centric industries.
This means IFS software:
- Lets you manage project financial control and project operations on the same software platform, so you finally have adequate project financial control;
- Supports the entire asset lifecycle, which is essential regardless of whether you are designing around maintenance cost maximums or will be contracting to operate and maintain the asset after commissioning;
- Meets ISO 25000 and PAS 55 requirements for all information about an asset being contained in a single database.
IFS’s collaborative asset lifecycle management (CALM) capabilities mean you can easily exchange data and work in real time with customers, suppliers, subcontractors. Customer and partner portals replace much of the work that is now done through back and forth phone calls and emails with digital, automated and auditable processes. This increases accountability and ensures everyone touching the asset is contributing to the same.
Challenge the Status Quo by Using Technology to Solve Perennial Problems
Your competitors face the same problems you do. With IFS, you can engineer these problems out of your business and become more competitive on price while delivering:
- Lack of flexibility to deal with new processes mandated by customers and changing regulation; • Extensive duplicate data entry in disparate systems leading to inaccurate information;
- High cost and complexity caused by one-off integrations between these disparate systems;
- Lack of visibility into what people or systems own or are the master repository for mission-critical data;
- Difficulty extracting data for analysis.
Real Time Visibility of Engineering Milestones
It is difficult to keep design projects on track and then quantify what work has been completed by your engineering department, and when milestones tied to payment events have been reached. That is why IFS includes a multidiscipline engineering register, for process, electrical, instrumentation, and AEC plant and piping engineering, including integrated document management. You get complete EPC support from the pilot study through basic design, basic and detailed engineering and commissioning to operation and maintenance. The software supports net new projects as well as modifications and services contracts of assets in operation—covering work performed on initial design and fabrication and across the asset lifecycle through to decommissioning. Working in a single system internal and external electrical, mechanical, or structural engineers can easily share detailed information, no matter which design tools they are using. This encourages real-time collaboration and visibility of progress against project milestones.
Learn more about Project-centric ERP for Engineering, Procurement and Construction on ifs.biz.