OTC Houston: the offshore energy industry’s premier event!
OTC 2022 will safely and responsibly unite energy game-changers in person from 2 to 5 May in Houston, Texas, USA. For four days, there will be many opportunities to collaborate with industry colleagues on ground-breaking technologies behind a net-zero strategy and the critical roles oil & gas play as a necessary part of a vision of the future.
OTC gives you access to leading-edge technical information, the industry’s largest equipment exhibition, and valuable new professional contacts from around the world. For the last five decades, OTC has played a major role in connecting people from more than 130 countries to collaborate and discuss the challenges, solutions, and changing energy landscape of the offshore energy sector. Once again, industry thought leaders, investors, buyers, and entrepreneurs will meet in Houston – the energy capital of the world – to develop business partnerships and learn about the latest advances, challenges, and opportunities.
The event’s large international participation provides excellent opportunities for global sharing of technology, expertise, products, and best practices. This year, the department of commerce (USDOC) and OTC are once again partnering to recruit international buying delegations from around the world to attend the show. The USDOC will bring over 1,000 public and private sector buyers from over 40 countries to meet with US exhibitors. Each year, the USDOC creates an Export Interest Directory (EID) of US exhibitors at OTC who have opted-in to vetted international buyers. This directory allows them to identify which US companies are interested in selling abroad, which countries and regions those companies are targeting, and who to approach during the show.
At OTC Houston, the technical and scientific knowledge will be brought together from offshore energy game-changers as they will share best practices, technical innovations, energy transition, and emerging trends. The conference has a strong reputation for a world-class technical program, giving visitors and exhibitors the chance to take advantage of the opportunity to hear from scientists, engineers, researchers, and executive-level speakers on their progress in revolutionising the ever-changing environment of offshore projects. During the four days of the event, a broad range of live broadcasts will be organised, with live interviews, roundtables, and presentations on many relevant topics. In addition to this, on-demand OTC broadcasts will be available.
OTC’s award ceremonies
• The Spotlight on New Technology awards program is exclusively for OTC exhibitors and showcases the latest and most advanced technologies that are leading the industry into the future. This prestigious award is presented to OTC exhibitors who are revolutionising the future of offshore energy through technological advancement and innovation. A total of fourteen companies, including seven small businesses, were recognised this year for their breakthrough hardware and software technologies. Recipients of this year’s award were selected based on the following criteria: novelty in the marketplace; level of innovation; demonstrated success; broad commercial appeal; and ability to make a significant impact across the offshore industry.
• The OTC Distinguished Achievement Award is granted for major technological, humanitarian, safety, environmental, and leadership contributions to the industry each year. This year, the conference recognises Drew Michel for Individual Achievement for his pioneering work on improving diver safety, the development and advancement of commercial ROVs and encouraging the next generation to study science and math and pursue careers in marine technology. Shell will be presented the OTC Distinguished Achievement Award for Companies, Organisations, and Institutions in recognition of its Appomattox Project in the Gulf of Mexico, Shell’s largest and most complex deepwater megaproject to date. Appomattox is the result of hundreds of companies that came together to align on common goals related to safety, care for people, cost, and schedule. The OTC Heritage Award will be presented to Roland Moreau for his leadership in advocating for the gathering and analysing of safety data and sharing learnings from operations in the Gulf of Mexico to improve industry safety.
• The OTC Emerging Leaders Program recognises young professionals who are making key contributions to the offshore energy sector.
OTC Houston in detail
• Date: 2 to 5 May
• Opening hours: 9.00h-17.00h. The events end at 14.00h on 5 May.
• Venue: NRG Park, One NRG Pkwy, Houston, TX 77054, United States.