GEA at the SMM in Hamburg: Setting off for new shores
How can shipping become climate-neutral as quickly as possible? This is the central theme of the leading international trade fair for the maritime industry, SMM 2022 in Hamburg. SMM’s leitmotif is “Driving the maritime transition”.
GEA, as a leading supplier of high-performance plants for the treatment of fuel oil, lube oil, and bilge water, as well as with cooling and freezing technologies and solutions for the shipping industry, will be presenting relevant solutions at its booth in Hall A3.316.
GEA’s exhibits at SMM 2022 will include:
• The GEA marine Separator with the most efficient integrated direct drive system. For the operator, this means simplified handling and lower operating costs.
• Environmentally friendly solutions for bilgewater treatment, exhaust gas cleaning, cooling, and gas compression.
• The GEA marine Upgrade Kit as a digitalized and automated process optimization solution that saves tons of fuel annually and halves the amount of oil sludge that needs to be generated and disposed of.
• Customized freezing and refrigeration systems, GEA screw compressors and units, brine chillers and controls designed to meet precise temperature requirements on board.
• GEA solutions that contribute to the development and improvement of LNG technologies that enable an easy transition to future fuels.
• CO2 liquefaction after carbon capture for the for the maritime sector.
• Research and collaboration with strong partners to prepare and enable shipping and the entire maritime industry for future fuels such as ammonia, methanol, and hydrogen.
• The strong global network of service, spare parts, and know-how.
• Sustainable marine solutions by GEA Heating & Refrigeration Technologies for the fishing industry, cruise industry, on board. refrigerated cargo ships (reefers) or juice carriers, as well as GEA Grasso BOG and LD (boil-off gas and low duty) screw compressors for LNG-fueled vessels, also suitable for gaseous ammonia fuel or other applications e.g. CO₂ capture.
Top-class talks in the Speakers corner
GEA also invites all visitors to exchange views in the “GEA Speakers’ Corner”. Here, all guests will have the opportunity to discuss with GEA industry experts which path leads to the most efficient, environmentally friendly as well as sustainable future of shipping with which measures and with which GEA solutions.