Offshore Industry News
Centrica Exploration & Production Nederland has granted KCI a new assignment for their NOx Compliance project. In the first half of 2016, Centrica already contracted KCI for the Concept Selection for the same project. The new assignment encompasses the FEED..
MonoBaseWind B.V. has asked KCI for the Basic Engineering of the structural steel design of their self-installing Gravity Based Foundation (GBF) concept. This self-installing GBF is specifically developed for wind turbines with a capacity of over 6MW which need to..
‘North Sea Energy Gateway’ is the new trademark under which the Port of Den Helder, Den Helder Airport, Port and Nautical Association HSV, Development Agency Noord-Holland Noord (NHN) and Maritime Campus Netherlands intend to promote the Noord-Holland Noord region internationally…
High-fidelity, hub-height wind measurement has arrived off the south coast of Massachusetts (USA) thanks to a newly installed Windcube Vertical Profiling Lidar. Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), working with AWS Truepower has installed the Windcube at WHOI’s Martha’s Vineyard Coastal..
N-Sea, and BODAC UXO have announced an agreement to jointly market and execute marine UXO Survey, Identification and Removal projects across Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and Scandinavia. In doing so, they will have the capability to offer developers, contractors and..
Aker Solutions agreed to buy 70% of Brazilian C.S.E. Mecânica e Instrumentação, building on a strategy to expand its services business in key international markets. The agreement includes an option to purchase the remaining 30% of the company three years..
On behalf of its client Boskalis, Seatools has completed the upgrade of a HighWire survey grade taut wire system. The upgraded position reference system will be deployed to determine the position of a subsea cable plough during a subsea cable..
Ravestein has successfully tested its Skyjack 3000 at the Mammoet Heavylift Terminal at Schiedam, the Netherlands. The purpose was to drive a pontoon with a total weight of 1,500t (which is half of the total payload) from the quayside into..
Vroon’s walk-to-work vessel VOS Start will be equipped with the brand-new Barge Master Gangway. This unique combination will enable safe and efficient transfer of personnel and cargo. The Barge Master Gangway incorporates an access tower with elevator, providing stepless access…
Optime Subsea Services is set to merge with Telemark Technologies in order to fast-track its cost-saving subsea installation solution to the global oil and gas market. In addition to the merger, Holta Invest has announced that it will become a..
The Oac-Group will be attending Offshore Energy 2016 and will be inviting its customers to join them in taking a look into the future. 2017 will be the year for the improvement of the accommodation which Oac-Group offer their customers and..
Sea Trucks Group has been awarded a contract by Tullow Ghana Limited for the provision of a Construction Support Vessel (CSV) providing accommodation and heavy lift services for the moored FPSO turret Kwame Nkrumahe, located in the Jubilee Unit Area,..
The last of Maersk Drilling’s four XLE jack-ups, the largest jack-up drilling rig in the world, was recently named Maersk Invincible at the DSME shipyard in Okpo, South Korea. The naming of the world’s largest jack-up drilling rig was celebrated..
Ashtead Technology has strengthened its UK team by the appointment of a Regional Technical Support Leader, to provide its customers with the most efficient, cost-effective technological solutions. With a career spanning more than 25 years in the subsea industry, Graeme..
During MMTs participation in the Black Sea Maritime Archaeological Project (MAP), their Surveyor Interceptor ROV (SROV) set new records for both its depth of 1,800m and its sustained speed of over 6 knots, covering a distance of 1,000km. The SROV..